|Universe||The Legend of Zelda|
|Reproduction||Sexual; lays eggs|
|Related Species||Gohmas, Alert Spider, Blade Scorpion, Spike Spider, Wasp Spider|
|Personality||Aggressive ambush predator|
|Creator||The Four Goddesses: Nayru, Din, Farore, and Hylia|
Arachas are a species of giant, scorpion-like Gohmas indigenous to the Lanayru Desert; they have not been seen since the days before the establishment of the nation of Hyrule during the Era of the Sky, but their vast numbers during this period and the great expanse of the desert in all its forms, it is assumed that they have not gone extinct but are simply not encountered by the heroes of courage themselves.
Like other Gohma types, Aracha are notable for their singular eye in the middle of their face, and possessing only four legs during at least one stage of their lives; however, Aracha area distinguishable by their scorpion-like stinging tail, and their eventually growing another pair of eyes, in their case located within their claws.
The life cycle of the Aracha species is very extensive, and while they are birthed in vast numbers, over the thousand years it will take to finally reach maturity, very few will still be alive. To counteract this, adult Aracha will lay a great number of eggs; considering the time it takes to reach maturity and the few adults known to exist, these numbers most likely are in the millions to keep their kind alive.
Larval Aracha are far smaller than the adult members of the species, but are still quite large when compared to other scorpion-like entities. Weak in physical strength, they remain in swarms for the sake of protection, but over time these swarms thin out, likely both through death over the course of a millennium as well as distancing themselves from one another to better compete for sustenance.
The exoskeleton of the Aracha appears to not be fully hardened as they are pure white, similar to insects that have recently emerged from an old exoskeletal shell.
- Moldarach's name seems to be a portmanteau of 'mold', which in the Zelda series tends to denote an enemy with a long or noteworthy tail (e.g. Moldorm, Twinmold) and often an affinity for sand and 'arachnid'.
- Unlike real scorpions that have eight legs, Moldarach has six and Arachas have four.
- Moldarach is an arthropod, like all the variations of the recurring boss Gohma in the Zelda series. Like Gohmas, its oversized, unnaturally-placed eyes are its weak points, and it is armed with large crab-like claws.
- Moldarach is quite similar to the Helmasaur King, a similar heavily armored enemy from A Link to the Past. Both have spiked tailtips and similar tail whip attacks. Furthermore, both are larger varieties of otherwise weaker enemies introduced in the dungeon.
- Moldarach's death scene is similar to that of numerous bosses in A Link to the Past and Link's Awakening and certain bosses in the 3D games such as Volvagia, Twinmold, Molgera, and Bilocyte in that it explodes from the tail to the head.